Themes for overall development:
Project – Challenging, Deepening and Igniting
Ensuring the foundation subjects, taught through WPS Project, are rigorous, challenging and inspiring, so pupils make connections and have a clear sense of their knowledge and understanding in the wider world.
With particular emphasis on
- developing the teaching of Art throughout the school.
- provide a memorable experience to ensure engagement.
- incorporate enterprise across the curriculum and work closely with the entrepreneur in residence to embed this.
Embracing the Wider World – The WPS Way
Encouraging pupils to experiment and embrace new experiences, having a wider conception of how people live their lives and the courage to try something new: The WPS Way. The long term plan is to develop our global partnership and to have more child led initiatives to help support our chosen charities.
Confident and Clear Communicators
Challenging and advancing pupils’ communication skills in the written and spoken word, so they understand the importance of dialogue and connection with others. With particular focus on the development of writing, we are going to revamp our teaching of read, write, inc and ensure there is a consistent approach to how writing is taught throughout the school.
Behaviour, Manners & formality
- Introduction of House system?? (suggestion from staff)
- Review of behaviour sanctions and rewards (suggestion from staff)
- Formal names
- Smartening of uniform
- Embed the teaching of manners in assembly timetable