After School Club: Karate Club
3rd February 2014
Wandsworth Prep School encourages and supports pupils to be involved in a range of athletic, artistic and service activities and celebrates each pupil’s success and uniqueness.
As part of our broad extra-curricular offering, a number of pupils enjoy taking part in Karate Club, which are run on Monday afternoons by Sensei Dave Clarke, who started training Martial Arts (Judo) at the age of six in 1969 and now runs Yawara Martial Arts. Sensei Clarke is a 4th Dan in Judo, 3rd Dan in Karate and 4th Dan in Ju-Jutsu and is a full time Martial Arts instructor.
Martial Arts benefits children in a number of ways:
Watch a video of pupils taking part in Karate Club:
More information on our current clubs for Spring Term 2014 can be found here.
- Fostering Self-Discipline
- Boosting Socialization Skills
- Encouraging Physical Activity
- Learning to Set and Achieve Goals
- Increased Self-Esteem
- Instilling a Sense of Respect
- Encouraging Non-Violent Conflict Resolution
- Improving Listening Skills
- Developing Teamwork Skills
- Improvement in Other Areas of Life