Open Day for September 2021 admissions. Saturday 24th April. Book a tour at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8870 4133
Our 11+ preparation is gradual and supportive, placing our knowledge of the individual child at the heart of the process.
- 30 Mar: Go Jo! #WeBelieveHappyKidsAchieve https://t.co/39JGttOrNt
- 30 Mar: Please join us for personalised tours of the school on Sat 24th April. Limited places available for Reception '21, Reception '22 is unfortunately full, but we are accepting registrations for Sept '23. Please call to book an appointment #WeBelieveHappyKidsAchieve #TogetherWeCan https://t.co/XbfsDy74n0
- 30 Mar: Wishing the entire #WPS community a very Happy Easter. #TogetherWeCan #AndRelax #TimeForChocolate https://t.co/QGkyCJTGNs
- 30 Mar: Last week some #WPS students were lucky to have a 'musicals masterclass' with @Samara_Cass, who has performed in Matilda, Dreamgirls & Tina the Musical! The children performed a song, had a Q&A and got some top tips for a career in musical theatre. Thanks Samara. #TogetherWeCan https://t.co/x1ybZucx8i
- 23 Mar: Science update. Thoughts have been thought. Inventions have been invented. Look at these makers of the future in action #scienceweek #makethings #ideasmatter #togetherwecan https://t.co/qGe9z9RMUM
Welcome to Wandsworth Preparatory School
We have a simple, but strong belief here at WPS - that happy children achieve more. Positivity permeates everything we do. It enables our children to achieve great results, but more importantly it sketches out a roadmap to future successes and happiness.
The secret? Making learning fun, instilling a growth mindset from the minute children walk in the door and engendering a positive, can-do attitude from both staff and children. We are a school where curiosity is celebrated and independence encouraged.
The need to nurture positivity both informs and directs our educational ethos. We offer strong, inspirational foundations in English and Maths and combine this with innovative interdisciplinary project-based teaching. Joining up subjects under one topic umbrella really brings learning to life, as it is experienced simultaneously through the lenses of history, geography, drama, design, technology, science and even Forest School.
We are a school of individuals, rather than a homogenous whole and believe in maximising pupils' potential - personally, academically and intellectually. We are proud of our excellent academic results with each child fulfilling their potential and Wandsworth Prep children go onto the best secondary schools in the area.
From a practical point of view we are co-educational and non-selective in Reception, with classes from Reception to Year 6. We have a reputation for employing talented and passionate teaching staff. We occupy an enviable position right on the edge of Wandsworth Common and we are proud to work in close partnership with our parents.
From an emotional point of view (and choosing a school is often as much about heart as head) we would simply invite you to come and visit us and see for yourselves that happy children really can and do achieve more.
"My teacher is lovely. She always helps me and gives me tips to work things out on my own. She plans exciting projects and teaches them in a fun way."
"Not only has my son made excellent progress in both English and Maths but I also love that he spends time learning outside in the Forest. I truly believe that Forest School contributes to his general good health and well-being."
"Wandsworth Prep provides a fantastic curriculum which makes the children very enthusiastic about learning. We were very impressed with the end of term delivery of the projects and to see the active engagement of the children. Forest School is a definite positive as the children love being outdoors and learning at the same time."
The graphs below demonstrate the levels which pupils typically attain during Years 3 - 6 for reading, English and maths compared to the national standards. Discover more about how our pupils progress throughout the school by visiting us.
Average or above
Average or above
Average or above